Pregnancy massage is a wonderful treatment that is completely safe given by a therapist qualified in this field of work. It has many benefits and can provide support at a time when the body is going through a great number of changes.
The benefits include:
- Stress reduction and relaxation. Relaxation has positive results for both mother and baby and increases the chance of a positive birth experience.
- Emotional support. We can provide important individualised attention to your individual and emotional concerns.
- Circulatory benefits. Discomforts such as Oedema, varicose veins and high blood pressure often respond well to appropriate massage therapy,
- Respiratory benefits. Specific well designed massage therapy can improve pre and post natal respiratory function.
- Gastrointestinal benefits. Infant massage studies indicate that massage increases vagal nerve activity which stimulates production of food absorption hormones, therefore a woman’s nutrient utilisation may be improved with massage. This can help with pregnancy discomforts which include indigestion, heartburn, nausea and vomiting
- Urinary System benefits. We encourage daily pelvic floor exercises to strengthen pelvic floor muscles. Eastern massage techniques can also enhance bladder and kidney function.
- Reduction of Musculo skeletal Strain and Pain. Massage is well known to assist with and Musculoskeletal strain and pain is an almost inevitable consequence of pregnancy.
- Back and Pelvic pain reduction. Many women (48-56%) report their first incidence of chronic back pain during pregnancy
- Assisting with pain from ligament stretching. as the uterus grows it stretches various ligaments which can refer pain from their attachment sites in a characteristic pattern.
PREGNANCY MASSAGE PRICE GUIDE